MSU in the news
- LSJ’s Joe Rexrode breaks down some questions facing MSU, including how soon are the Spartans likely to get to the Rose Bowl.
- The Detroit News’ Matt Charboneau details the bitterness of fans, while the football players and coaches look ahead.
- George Sipple of the Free Press breaks down the similarities between Michigan State and Georgia.
- Since we all need a good laugh, time to start paying attention to the football program at Weber State, as our good pal John L. Smith is the new head coach. The odds of him slapping himself in the first season start at 3-to-1. The odds of him failing a much kinder 5-to-1.
- I linked this story yesterday, but I couldn’t help but do it again for what is at the end of the story. Bret Bielema is a douchebag and talks trash to fans and players. He also has greasy hair and a huge nose and even the rumor of him ever dating Erin Andrews should disgust us all deeply.
- Charboneau writes the Spartans inexperience makes it difficult to look ahead as they prepare to face Central Connecticut State.
- The Free Press’ Shawn Windsor says the Spartans need more out of freshman Branden Dawson.
- The Spartans have been lucky to avoid serious injuries so far this season according to Rexrode.
- David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press explains the rotation Izzo is working with and who is competing for minutes.